May 9, 2010
Hello doctor . Firstly thank you for the great service you are doing. I had a question regarding coinfection. With doubt of coinfection, negative hiv (antibody test) and negative (hepatitis c antibody) test can be considered conclusive at 21 weeks past exposure?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The official time frame that is always alluded to is 24 weeks. However, 21 weeks is certainly adequate, particularly if there was a low suspicion to start. Discuss that part with your physician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Condom Slipped Worried I Have
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.