Please help, quite upset about this

Last night I had unprotected sex with a girl who was menstruating and today she informed me that she is a carrier of Hepatitis B.

She claimed her type is very hard to pass onto another person. She said there's a risk - but it's tiny.

Clearly I am concerned, disappointed and going to get tested right away...

However, while I am waiting does anybody know what she is talking about when she says "her type is very hard to pass onto another person". Is there indeed a type / level of Hepatitis B that almost certainly can't be transmitted? Is that what Wikipedia is referring to when, talking about transmission of the disease, it says that "at least 30% of reported hepatitis B among adults cannot be associated with an identifiable risk factor..."

Please help, quite upset about this.

She may be alluding to the fact that she has a reactive hepatitis B surface antigen, but does not have any HBV DNA (virus) in her blood. Yes, the chance of transmission would be low in this situation.

For your protection, I would see your doctor to describe this event. You will certainly want to see if you have been vaccinated in the past by checking a hepatitis B surface antibody. If positive great than 10 IU/mL, you are protected. If negative, you will certainly want to get vaccinated promptly for current and for future protection. Whether you also need immunoglobulin is for discussion with your provider.

Hepatitis C transmission
is hepa B booster necessary?