Girlfriend has Tattoo from 1997. Should I worry about HCV?

Hi All,

My girlfriend received a tattoo in 1997. Should I be worried at all of the possibility of HCV infection? I've read that several people believe they got HCV from Tattoos. Was this a common thing in the late 90's? She is very resistant to getting a test as she doesn't think anything is wrong with her. I'm confused as the CDC states that there is no evidence of transmission of HCV from tattoos. However several people on this board and other studies point to a higher risk.

Thanks!

In my experience, tattooes are a risk if they were applied in a home setting with persons sharing needles, or in a prison setting.

In an official tattoo parlor, I am not concerned about HCV transmission because clean needles are used.

Is this a risk?
HEP C