May 1, 2010
Hi,I am a HBV carrier with HBe Ag negative, But the within a spate of three weeks the ALT level in my blood rose from 71 to 85. It was 46 when l was first diagnosed of the desease in November 2008.My doctor says commencing therapy now is not the best idea but I have all the symtoms of liver injury except Jaundice.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't know if you need treatment because you have not indicated whether you have detectable HBV DNA.
Secondly your LFT changes are modest at best. There is no urgent need to act now until you have more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.