Elvating ALT

Hi,I am a HBV carrier with HBe Ag negative, But the within a spate of three weeks the ALT level in my blood rose from 71 to 85. It was 46 when l was first diagnosed of the desease in November 2008.My doctor says commencing therapy now is not the best idea but I have all the symtoms of liver injury except Jaundice.

I don't know if you need treatment because you have not indicated whether you have detectable HBV DNA.

Secondly your LFT changes are modest at best. There is no urgent need to act now until you have more information.

Medical student blood splash (droplets?) to eye from HCV/HIV positive patient during orthopedic procedure
Hep B Healthy Carrier