May 1, 2010
Hi,I am a HBV carrier with HBe Ag negative, But the within a spate of three weeks the ALT level in my blood rose from 71 to 85. It was 46 when l was first diagnosed of the desease in November 2008.My doctor says commencing therapy now is not the best idea but I have all the symtoms of liver injury except Jaundice.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't know if you need treatment because you have not indicated whether you have detectable HBV DNA.
Secondly your LFT changes are modest at best. There is no urgent need to act now until you have more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.