|sex and hep c
May 1, 2010
Hello, my boyfriend of a year tested pos for hep c antibodies. We never have rough or anal sex. But we don't use condoms. He is waiting for the rna to come back. Should I get tested by rna also. Is my risk low for sexual transmission?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of sexual transmission is low but not zero. I would consider baseline testing for HCV antibody.
It is reassuring that you do not remember traumatic sex which does increase the risk. Sexual transmission of HCV has occurred mainly among men who have sex with men.
How to understand HBV Titers results?
- Could Swollen Lymph Nodes Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.