|sex and hep c
May 1, 2010
Hello, my boyfriend of a year tested pos for hep c antibodies. We never have rough or anal sex. But we don't use condoms. He is waiting for the rna to come back. Should I get tested by rna also. Is my risk low for sexual transmission?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of sexual transmission is low but not zero. I would consider baseline testing for HCV antibody.
It is reassuring that you do not remember traumatic sex which does increase the risk. Sexual transmission of HCV has occurred mainly among men who have sex with men.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.