|hepatitis c occupational exposure
May 1, 2010
I am a HCW and was talking to a HCV positive patient and he spit in my eye. My initial hepc antibody test was negative. I had the qualitative RNA at 4 weeks post exposure and it was undetected. Do I have Hepatitis C? Do I need further testing?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should get guidance from your employer as to their specific protocols for testing.
HOwever, I will comment that that the risk of HCV is incredibly small from this exposure.
General Question about Hepatitis Infection
Always problems in right abdomenal regions !!
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- Sexually Transmitted Disease That Cause Numbness
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
- Are Little Bumps On The Head Of The Penis A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.