|do i have hepatitis c
May 1, 2010
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are at risk for HCV (eg, you shared injection drug paraphernalia in the past), you should check a HCV RNA...
If you are NOT at risk, and these tests were done for some kind of screening, I would get a RIBA test which is more specific than a HCV antibody test, which can occasionally give a false positive result.
Very concerned and would like your advice!
Hepatitis C and saliva
- Do Flu Symptoms Mean I Have Hiv?
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.