|do i have hepatitis c
May 1, 2010
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are at risk for HCV (eg, you shared injection drug paraphernalia in the past), you should check a HCV RNA...
If you are NOT at risk, and these tests were done for some kind of screening, I would get a RIBA test which is more specific than a HCV antibody test, which can occasionally give a false positive result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does A Full Blood Count Test For Hiv And Hep C?
- First Signs Of Hiv In The Body?
- What Region In Africa Is Most Heavily Affected By Hiv And Aids?
- Why Is It That Doctors Test Your Saliva For Hiv/aids Infection If You Cannot Get It Through Saliva?
- How Much Is Cocktail Medication For Aids Patients?
- Does Diflucan Interact With HIV Meds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.