|do i have hepatitis c
May 1, 2010
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are at risk for HCV (eg, you shared injection drug paraphernalia in the past), you should check a HCV RNA...
If you are NOT at risk, and these tests were done for some kind of screening, I would get a RIBA test which is more specific than a HCV antibody test, which can occasionally give a false positive result.
Very concerned and would like your advice!
Hepatitis C and saliva
- Will A Person That Has Chlamydia Always Have The Disease?
- Where Do You Get Shingles On Your Body?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Can Be Done To Rid The Pain Of Nerve Damage From Shingles?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- Is Tea Tree Oil For Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.