|Very concerned and would like your advice!
May 1, 2010
Hello Dr. McGovern,
I am attending an event where I will have contact with a family member who is a drug addict (meth, I believe) and he has open skin lesions as a result of his use. Is there any risk of contacting Hep C and/or HIV from touching him, holding/shaking his hand, dancing with him, etc. if he's been picking his skin? I'm quite concerned as he appears to be at high risk for infection. I am very afraid of contracting something and wonder if everything he touches will be contaminated and dangerous for my family.
Thank you for your advice!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Transmission of HCV requires mixing of your blood with his so this would be highly unlikely from any of the activities you are describing.
hp b Reactive?
do i have hepatitis c
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.