For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Reactive HBSAG & Reactive Anti-HBE

Dear Doctor,

Please enlighten on these results I have:

HBSAG: Reactive (value at more than 2) Anti-HBE: Reactive

My questions are:

1). Am I sick? How serious it is? 2). Is it a sufficient reason to declare me to be unfit for work as an Engineer? (I am currently applying for Qatar and declared me unfit for the job). 3). What other medical procedure that I may possibly undergo? 4). What is the meaning of numeric value "2" in the HBSAG result?

Thank you very much and I hope for your immediate response.

You have evidence of chronic hepatitis B infection because of your HBsAg reactivity. However, I cannot tell if it is active or inactive because you have not had a HBV DNA test. This will tell you if you have virus in your blood which would be "active" disease. You also need serial testing of your liver function tests.

I have no idea why this test would exclude you from being an engineer.

CBC Test and Hep C
hp b Reactive?