Apr 16, 2010
I was found Hep A positive in febuary..and the other kind of Hep B,C and E are negative..The abdomen scan shows tht liver is normal in size,outline and echotexture..i have elevated SGOT(70) and SGPT(60)..Billi(0.9)..can the Hep A become negative? if yes thn how long will it take? do i need any treatment? and am i at risk? will be waiting for ur reply..
Response from Dr. McGovern
No treatment is necessary for hepatitis A because it does NOT cause chronic liver disease.
I would wonder if your liver function tests are related to fatty liver. The ultrasound can often miss this. You would be at risk if you are overweight, have high cholesterol or triglycerides, insulin resistance or frank diabetes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Will A Male Have Chlamydia Symptoms?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Pimples Look Like?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.