Hiring or employment of hep b positive persons

Good day Dr. I was just diagnosed to be hep b positive and I am worried that no one would employ or hire me to work. Is there any laws or regulations that forbid these companies from hiring persons who unknowingly contracted the virus?

Most jobs do not require testing for hepatitis B. Furthermore, you have been told you are "positive". Your doctor should tell you whether that means you are positive for past exposure (with clearance) or if you are positive - as in chronic infection. Regardless, if you have not been exposed to hepatitis A, you should get vaccinated.

Tailor's pin
Hepatitis B