Apr 16, 2010
Hi I was at a tailor shop getting mesured for pants. I then accidently poked my self in the finger and it bled. I freaked out about getting HIV or Hepc or sth else. I saw that she holds the needles in her mouth while measuring. What if someone else was poked with this needle. The tailor told me not to worry she gets poked everyday which made me even more worried. Am i at any risk? Do i need to get tested? thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend testing. Spread of hepatitis viruses through needles infers blood to blood exposure. That was not the case here.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Pain In Urethra A Sign Of HIV?
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.