Apr 16, 2010
Hi I was at a tailor shop getting mesured for pants. I then accidently poked my self in the finger and it bled. I freaked out about getting HIV or Hepc or sth else. I saw that she holds the needles in her mouth while measuring. What if someone else was poked with this needle. The tailor told me not to worry she gets poked everyday which made me even more worried. Am i at any risk? Do i need to get tested? thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend testing. Spread of hepatitis viruses through needles infers blood to blood exposure. That was not the case here.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Washing Techniques For Genital Herpes
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Topical Cream For Shingles And Nerve Pain
- Symptoms Of Herpes On The Face
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.