Apr 16, 2010
Hi I was at a tailor shop getting mesured for pants. I then accidently poked my self in the finger and it bled. I freaked out about getting HIV or Hepc or sth else. I saw that she holds the needles in her mouth while measuring. What if someone else was poked with this needle. The tailor told me not to worry she gets poked everyday which made me even more worried. Am i at any risk? Do i need to get tested? thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend testing. Spread of hepatitis viruses through needles infers blood to blood exposure. That was not the case here.
hep c A1
Hiring or employment of hep b positive persons
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.