|hep b co infection
Apr 15, 2010
Hi What are the chances of a hiv positive person clearing hep b and not becoming chronic? Regards
Response from Dr. McGovern
I can't give you an exact percentage, but the chances of clearing HBV in an HIV infected patient are lower. However, treatments that are available for HIV have great activity against HBV. In fact, Atripla contains three HIV agents with two of the three having great activity against HBV. Recent studies have shown very encouraging results for control of both viruses.
Diagnosed with hep C today
What is appropriate dosage for Ribaviran?
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.