|hep b co infection
Apr 15, 2010
Hi What are the chances of a hiv positive person clearing hep b and not becoming chronic? Regards
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I can't give you an exact percentage, but the chances of clearing HBV in an HIV infected patient are lower. However, treatments that are available for HIV have great activity against HBV. In fact, Atripla contains three HIV agents with two of the three having great activity against HBV. Recent studies have shown very encouraging results for control of both viruses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Chances Of Getting Hiv If You Sleep With An Infected Person?
- Can You Go Down On An Hiv Infected Girl Safely?
- How Many Days Will Take To Show Aids Symptoms?
- Hiv Risk From Blood Spatter In Eyes
- Home Remedies For Severe Pain From Neuropathy
- Is It Common For Hiv To Get Inside The Urethra?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.