|hep b co infection
Apr 15, 2010
Hi What are the chances of a hiv positive person clearing hep b and not becoming chronic? Regards
Response from Dr. McGovern
I can't give you an exact percentage, but the chances of clearing HBV in an HIV infected patient are lower. However, treatments that are available for HIV have great activity against HBV. In fact, Atripla contains three HIV agents with two of the three having great activity against HBV. Recent studies have shown very encouraging results for control of both viruses.
Diagnosed with hep C today
What is appropriate dosage for Ribaviran?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.