Lab Results

I had hepatitis C virus antibody Test yesterday, which it is 9 months post possible exposure (unprotected sex with non-drug injector). The result came back today is: Result: <0.1 s/co ratio.

Negative: 0.9

At the bottom line it says: In order to reduce the incidence of a false positive result, The cdc recommends that all S/CO ratios between 1.0 and 10.9 be confirmed with additional RIBA or PCR testing. So, is <0.1 means I'm negative, and I don't need to re-test?? I'm not sure what does it mean? and why they didn't say it is negative as on Hep B, and Hep A??

Thanks for your replay

You are clearly negative - no further testing is indicated. The test results come back in a range that is reported to doctors. I think it is a bit confusing though to patients.

Really worried in South Africa.
Diagnosed with hep C today