Really worried in South Africa.

Hi Doc

I know you have answered this question many times or questions similar to this one. I personally have read a million answers on this site and others. I could still really do with some words of reassurance or comfort from you.

My story is this: I went for a massage and in the end the woman offered a happy ending. I agreed. During this I fingered her. I had baby oil on my hands and I was inside of her very briefly with two different fingers at two different times. I am in a solid relationship and thus immediately felt very bad afterwards. I showered right there and then at the parlour. I started freaking out at home about the possible HIV risk and poured lemon juice on my fingers to try and ascertain if I had any cuts. There was no stinging or anything. I went to see a doctor the next day to ask for PEP and she wouldn;t prescribe it saying my risk was essentially non existant. I am tearing my hair out here with fear. Was she right? I don;t want to harm my girlfriend. I feel so sad and ashamed. I am petrified. Do you agree with this Doc? I will get tested at 3 months.

Thanks Doc. I'm sorry to bother you with this.

Please forward HIV questions to the HIV forum. However, I will say that I agree with your provider.

Consumption of alcohol after treatment of acute Hepatitis C
Lab Results