confused re: hep b test results
Apr 6, 2010
I have tested positive for hep b surface Ag two and half years ago. Few weeks ago , repeat tests show hep b surface Ag negative, hep b e Ag negative, PCR negative.... What are possible explaination ? thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
Two possibilities: The first surface antigen test was a false positive which was never confirmed.
You were positive but lost your surface antigen over time. This would be suspected if your hepatitis B e antibody was positive too. You may want to request this test.
However, for now - either way - good news....
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.