What doe sit mean Hep B Sur Ab
Mar 31, 2010
I received results back saying positive for this and i have no idea what it means for me. It also has > Immune Hep B beside it could u explain to me what this means please.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It means you are protected against getting hepatitis B. This can result from prior vaccination or prior exposure with clearance of the virus.
The way to tell the difference is to check a HB core antibody. If negative, you were vaccinated in the past. If positive, you were exposed to the infection but cleared it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- The First Symptoms Of Genital Warts Pictures
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Are White Patches That Are On My Toungue A Sign Of HIV?
- Difference Between ARS And HIV Symptoms
- Faint Line After Rapid Hiv Test
- HIV Symptoms Rash Fever Headache Thrush Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.