Reactive Hepatitis C AB
Mar 31, 2010
Hi, Thank you for taking my question. What would cause a person to have reactive hepatitis C antibodies signal to cut off 1.05 for 5 yrs with a negative qualitative Hep C by PCR and negative RIBA test? My doctor has continued to test me yearly and nothing changes? I asked my doctor if this was a false positive and I was told no that I had recovered from Hep C. Will my lab results ever turn back to negative Hep C antibody?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If the RIBA is negative, then yes your HCV antibody is a false positive test. No further testing is required.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.