hep c blood work

i had blood work done and it came back that I was reactive for hep c, however further extensive blood work showed I cleared virus naturally.I had my patner go for blood work and her doctor would only do basic/full blood work on her and hiv test. all her blood work came back good. Her doctor advised he wouldnt check for hep c specifically unless her liver enzyme test was off, which it was not. this same blood work was done again about 6 months later and still good (no elevated liver enyzymes). should this doctor specifically test her for hep c or is it apparent through the liver blood work that its not nessacary? she even asked for the hep c blood work but he persists about her full blood work is good no reason to test... can u guide me alittle here. thanks so much..

I wouldn't base my decision not to test on normal liver function tests. Patients with hepatitis C CAN have normal liver tests.

However, if you were found not to have any virus in your blood, then that is extremely reassuring. You can't transmit the virus if there is no HCV RNA in your blood.

If she would still prefer to be tested, she can get testing referral through her public health department.

HIV/HBV/HCV triple infection
hep c risk from condom failure