if hepC positive, can i donate kidney to sister?

I have biopsy upcoming for Hep C, my sister is in acute renal failure. Would I be eligible to donate one of my kidney to her? What is the name of that "expensive, last step" definitive bloodtest that mostly all drs. refuse to run 1st? (instead of month of bloodtests, c.t.'s and biopsies)

This is a wonderful and generous idea.

However, I am afraid you would not be able to donate one of your kidneys to her. I have cut and pasted the website for one major medical center that performs kidney transplants, and you will see that viral hepatitis would exclude you from donating...

what is an" INACTIVE" carrier means?
HIV/HBV/HCV triple infection