can i still get a booster dose?
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Im May, I just want to ask if I can still have my booster dose after two years?my last dose for my hepa b vac was april 2007. Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not quite sure if I understand your question.
If you did not complete the first 3 shots and want to know if you can have your third now...I would certainly go ahead and get vaccinated and then check a hepatitis B surface antibody to see if your levels are protective.
Boosters are not routinely given unless a person's antibody levels have fallen over time and they are still at risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Smx/tmp Cure Trichomoniasis?
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.