Treatment for hep C? Is A1 worst kind of hep C?
Mar 15, 2010
Recently diagnosed hep C, A1 type. Is it the hardest type to treat? What can be expected as far as symptoms, quality of life, how long can a person live with it? What is the treatment?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The treatment includes pegylated interferon and ribavirin.
You should ask your doctor if treatment is necessary right now or if you can wait for "triple therapy" with newer drugs (like telaprevir) which will hopefully enable a shortening of the duration of treatment and improvements in clearance of the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.