|please help me
Mar 15, 2010
i didn't get answer for my first question. here is again the same question. please help me. my wife has HBV surface antigen. what are the ways to be infected to me? i have my HBV vaccine but it is only 50 or 60. can that level protect me from HBV by having unprotected sex? thanks you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sorry, I get hundreds of questions and can't answer them all in my spare time.
A antibody level of greater than 10 is protective against infection so your level is great. You will need further follow up to make certain your level stays in that range. When it drops, you will need a booster.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.