|Help Ms ANN
Mar 14, 2010
I have been diagnosed with hepatitis B since 2006 and a month ago my labs came back abnormal. My hep b core ab igm is still coming up positive and I have normal liver functions I have never been vaccinated for hep b as a child does this mean I have chronic hep b?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It seems odd that since 2006 you are still registering as an acute patient with a IgM core antibody. I would ask your doctor if you have had hepatitis B surface antigen testing and HBV DNA testing to truly understand whether you have chronic infection or not. Your normal liver function tests are reassuring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.