sgpt/sgot

Pls help me understand the result of my sgot/ast, sgpt/alt result.Do i have a hepatitis problem if this is the result of my SGOT/AST 93.59.. SGPT/ALT 334.69. I used to have fatty infiltration of the liver, but was cleared only last August 2009. My SGPT/ALT result last june2008 was normal. How come my result i have this result now? BY the way I have one piece of stone in my gallbladder. Pls help me understand this matter. thank you very much & GOD bless you for helping people like mo who are in dire need of a clear answerto our questions.

If you are at risk for HBV or HCV I would certainly get tested.

If not, then I would be concerned that your gallstones are causing some intermittent elevations of your liver function tests. You will want to discuss any symptoms you might be having with your doctor to see if anything needs to be done...Also get these tests repeated soon.

Hopefully, your fatty liver got better through either weight reduction, or treatment of possible underlying diabetes or cholesterol problems that you may have.

Medications can also sometimes cause elevated LFTS. You will want to review any new medications with your doctor - even herbal remedies or over the counter drugs....

hepatitis c
Cirrhosis of the liver