Mar 5, 2010
if turmeric can help or harm pacient with hepatitis c and if no how to use it to help? tnx.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't know of any studies looking at tumeric.
I would maintain a healthy diet and take a routine multivitamin if you are concerned about not getting all the best nutrients into your diet. Avoid alcohol. Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B. Exercise is good to keep your weight ideal so you don't get fatty liver.
These suggestions will help you maintain a healthy liver. However, they do not address your hepatitis C. I am not sure you need treatment for that. You will need to discuss that with your doctor.
Medication. viral load and ALTs
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.