Feb 20, 2010
Dr., Are normal ALT levels reliable for confirning lack of acute HCV infection? If so, how long after possible exposure would ALT levels rise above normal if infected?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Virus in the blood precedes any changes in liver function testing....If exposed, viremia usually occurs within weeks.....
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis A Cause Liver Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.