Feb 20, 2010
hello Doctor McGovern -
what does occult infection mean? would a person with high titres of Hepatitis B surface antibody >500.0 miu/ml and positive (total.) hepatitis b core antibody - along with Hep B. Surface Antigen - Negative - be refferred to as occult?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No you have recovered from a prior infection and are not at risk for liver disease.
A person with "occult infection" may have detectable viremia with isolated core antibody and a nonreactive hepatitis B surface antigen for example.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Docking Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Inverted Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Foreplay Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.