|HEP C Exposure risk from being the insertive partner?
Feb 20, 2010
The condom slipped off and not sure of his hep c status. I'm HIV poz, and don't really want to add another virus to the list. I checked after pulling out, and there wasn't any blood that I could see.
Thanks for your time, and the good work you do here in general.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect your risk is very low if you do not have any ulcerative diseases (like herpes) or any visible blood as you describe. Routine testing for HCV in follow-up at a routine HIV visit would be reasonable but I wouldn't suggest urgent testing for this described exposure.
Another Hep C question
Please Answer! Window Period for anti-HCV test
- Can You Get Hiv From Toilets?
- Dating An Hiv Positive Person
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
- Can Having Herpes Give A False Positive Hiv Test Result?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.