Hepatitis B treatment with Viread

I had had Hep B for many years and was closely watched by my family doctor. A recent blood test indicated my DNA count has risen to 2700 and my doctor suggested taking Viread for treatment. I researched this drug and found that there were many side effects. In your opinion, would it be safe drug to take and which area I should be aware of if I start taking this medication? Is there a forum of current patients taking this drug can share ideas or information? Thanks.

Viread is a potent HBV drug that has many years of proven experience and safety. It has an excellent safety record in HIV infected patients as well since it also have activity against that virus.

I would stress that the vast majority of patients feel well on it. All medications have side effects, but this particular drug is very well tolerated.

I always monitor kidney function on this drug since this is important to check; however, most patients tolerate it well. I would be more concerned about kidney issues if you already have some kidney problems or you if you have underlying diabetes. Other simple blood test monitoring about every 3 to 4 months would be reasonable.

PERSISTENT RNA WILL I DIE
natural hep c treatment