Dear Mrs. McGovern

One year ago I started treatment for hepatitis C, genotype 4 with HCV-RNA 101800 iu/ml. I took 6 copegus pills per day and one shot of pegasys injection every Friday. The fist month the rna was 68500 iu/ml and then it got negative for the rest of the therapy One month after the end of the therapy it was 0 again. Now six months after it is 300.000 iu/ml What shoudl I do? Is there a hope for a new treatment or should I be treated again and for how long?

Thank you in advance Kind Regards Sophie

I think you would be an excellent candidate for future new therapies combined with PEG and Ribavirin (copegus) since you did achieve a non detectable viral load with these two drugs - but didn't hold onto that response.

Yes I think the addition of a third drug (like telaprevir) will be helpful to you.

New drugs should be available in the next one to two years.

Can a hepatitis B infected girl think marriage
Hepatitis B treatment with Viread