|Hep B & C Coinfection
Feb 10, 2010
Just diagnosed with Hep B & C coinfection...sufferer is bi-polar. What are the expected side effects of Interferon and is that the best treatment? Also, was told life expectancy with coinfection is ~5 years...is that true?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would discuss interferon with your psychiatrist to see if he or she supports your treatment right now with this drug. IFN can cause depression and irritability...If your bipolar disease is well controlled, treatment with IFN may be possible with good followup.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Mix Fluconazole And Monistat?
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Does Any Std Affect Your Urine Flow?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.