HCV treatment

Dear Dr.Barbar: As per my last question dated 12th December 2009 regarding the treatment of HCV-3a through Pegasus and Ribaverine,You told me to get PCR RNA after 4 or five injections.I got the test result and it showed that the PCR RNA is now zero (<50iu/ml)but ALT is around 80 whereas previously before the start of treatment viral load was almost 7 million. I went to my Doctor for further advice and he told me that the treatment will be continued by another five months. As a mater of fact that yesterday i got seventh shot and now the after effect of injections are worst as i'm feeling nousea and fever ,upset stomach continuous fatigue and muscles pain. Dr.please suggest me something regarding to overcome the effect of treatment. regards Omar Farooq

Acetominophen for headaches and fever and compazine for nausea usually help a lot.

Congratulations on your fabulous result. Keep up the treatment as long as possible for a cure.

Medical Assistant Student Possibly expose Hep B
Hep B and Baraclude