Feb 10, 2010
I have completed my round of vaccines for hepatitis a and b and my doctor recently did a bllod test to see if it created the antibodies it needed too. He said it didn't and that I would have to have the shots again at a higher dosage. Why didn't it work? Also should I be doing it again? What questions should I ask my doctor?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Not everyone has a satisfactory response to hepatitis B vaccine. A double dose may certainly work.
Is HIV and HCV coinfection finally going to kill me?
Medical Assistant Student Possibly expose Hep B
- Can You Tell How Long Someone Has Been Hiv Positive?
- Will Syphilis Recur If You Already Have It?
- Will I Be Okay Having Protected Sex With Hpv?
- Which Ways Can Chlamydia Spread?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.