Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Acute hepa b person things must do
Feb 10, 2010

I was recently diagnosed for an acute Hepa B last Dec.26,2009.Thanks for the appearance of the symptoms then(jaundice and dark urine, itchy skin etc.). I took rest for 1 month and now I'm back to work because my symptoms are getting better(jaundice is gone). Right now, I easily get tired apecially when Im exposed to physical work. My hepa B profile such as AST,total bili,unconj bili are normal now but ALT and direct bili were in nearest to its normal range. Im so worried that my recovery from the acute hepaB infectiion will delay or worsen because I still have heavy phsical work like lifting aircons(Im an Aircon Technician).I learned from hepaB article that acute hepaB recovery extends from 3 months to 6 months.With my present hepa b result, is that mean that I have a bigger chance to clear the viral infection? Do I need to stop from my work and need for a proper rest until I clear completely the viral infection? (3months to 6 months).Thanks,,,

Response from Dr. McGovern

Most adults clear acute Hepatitis B infection on their own without any treatment. Your normal LFTS are very reassuring. You should have followup testing in around May. I suspect your surface antigen will be nonreactive.

Previous
hepa b positve since 1995 advice some test to do
Next
Is HIV and HCV coinfection finally going to kill me?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.