Teleprevir for Other HCV Genotypes Besides 1?
Feb 3, 2010
Well, if you're a relapsed geno 2, 3 or 4 , but did clear HCV to ud during Ribavirin/Interferon Tx, will Teleprevir be worth taking w/ the standard RBVN/INFN? Or is it just geared for Genotype 1 disease? Thank you!!!!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Most of the data on the efficacy of telaprevir (HCV protease inhibitor) is for genotype 1. However, some recent data at the European Liver meetings showed that telaprevir appears to be effective against genotype 2 infection too...but not against genotype 3. ..
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.