SIDE EFFECTS OF KALETRA/TRUVADA FOR HIV/HEP B COINFECTION

Hi I am currently taking Truvada (once a day in the morning) and Kaletra (two tabs twice a day - morning and night). I am co ifected with Hiv and chronic active HepB. I have serious bouts with diarrhea in the mornings and early afternoon. Then it seems to taper off. I am taking 4 Immodium pills a day to help with this (and it does seem to help). I'm worried I'm taking too much Immodium for too long a time. My Tcell count is 185 (up from 35 3 yrs ago). My viral load is undetectable. Thanks for your help

The choice of Truvada is excellent for your hepatitis B infection and your HIV infection. However, it sounds like you are having Kaletra associated diarrhea.

I would recommend talking to your doctor about switching your Kaletra to another medication. That drug will depend on your past treatment history and drug resistance profile. Once you switch, I am hopeful that you will feel better. If not, then you should have a work up for chronic diarrhea.

Great job on the nondetectable viral load and rising T cell counts!!!

reaction to hep A B shot
Teleprevir for Other HCV Genotypes Besides 1?