|Hep B & C Coinfection
Feb 3, 2010
Just diagnosed with Hep B & C coinfection...was told by other than M.D. that life expectancy is ~ 5 yrs. after diagnosis...is that true? Also, suffer from Bi-Polar...what are the expected side effects of Interferon?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not sure where the 5 year prognosis comes from...particularly if you are a candidate for treatment.
Side effects of interferon include fatigue, weight loss, loss of appetite, fevers (with first few shots only in a minority of patients) and mood changes (depressions, irritability) among other symptoms. Some people have minimal complaints. The most important issue for you will be to discuss interferon with your psychiatrist to see if he/she thinks your bipolar disease is stable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Excessive Clear Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.