HCV and HGH treatments

Hello, My wife is 55 and has had HCV since she was 17. Discovered during a routine checkup about 5-6 years ago, her viral load ranges from a high 0f 265,000 to a recent low of 50,000. She refuses a biopsy, but her recent (and only) ultrasound suggests no liver damage. My question is this: Her regular physician discovered abnormally low levels of HGH (60 and 45 on 2 different tests) and placed her on HGH replacement therapy. We're asking everyone we know (infectious disease doctor, regular physician and pharmacist) about using this stuff with HCV. To be honest, the answers all seem inconsistent. Some say it would actually be good for the liver. What's your view? Also, FYI, she is symptom free from the HCV and has been a light drinker for the last 15 years.

I don't know of any data on HGH in hepatitis C.

If she refuses a liver biopsy, she can consider getting a blood test for a "fibrosis marker". These blood tests can be helpful in the extremes of disease - eg, they are good at detecting when someone has minimal disease or very advanced disease - but they are not good at telling about disease that is "in between"...

Symptom free - doesn't help much because the most common symptom is simply fatigue.

BEing a light drinker is a plus....Being normal weight would help as well. You don't want to get overweight and be at risk for fatty liver.

Comment on your post regarding transmission in a sporting environment....
what's my status??