|HepB, Fatty Liver and gallstones :(
Jan 31, 2010
Hi my husband has hepB since year 2000 but the viral count is very low..but very recently ultrasound result showed that he has gallstones and fatty liver...Dr recommends Laparoscopic cholecystectomy but we are quite hesitant since removing his gallbladder may add burden to his liver...please help
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your doctor is probably worried about his gallbladder acting up in the future. As long as your husband does not have cirrhosis, he will probably do well during surgery. Other medical factors (such as heart disease, etc) also need to be weighed in for consideration for surgery.
Hepa B Screen Test Result
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.