|HCV and coumadin
Jan 31, 2010
My husband has chronic hepatitis C, with minimal liver scarring. He was recently prescribed Coumadin in connection with an episode of atrial fibrillation. The pharmacist said it can affect the liver, so we are wondering if coumadin is safe for persons with only minimal liver scarring. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The response to coumadin may be exaggerated in patients with cirrhosis. Your husband should do well with routine monitoring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.