Hep C antibody test inclonclusive

Hi! And Merry xmas! (well wish it were!)

I am HiV+ on meds, VL undetectable, CD4 500+ and growing..

However I had high liver levels over the summer, and I was on Accutane which I agreed with dr was probably the culprit. However, when I came to my latest blood test 2 weeks ago (though back on Accuatne for another 2 months at 80mgs p/day) he suggested a Hep C test also, as it had been a year since last one.

Today I received my results and I got the Hep C test was inconclusive, sadly this was from the nurse so unsure if he knew of the Accutane, and asked to ring in to book another test ASAP. Annoyingly I am away from the dr's now until the new year. And although I know you can't say definitely whether I am or not. I wandered if the Accutane could aid the inconclusive result.

Its not a great time to have this on my mind as you can imagine, so any thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

G!

I am not aware that this drug can cause a positive HCV test. I am also not sure what the nurse means by an inconclusive test.

I would pursue HCV RNA testing if you had any recent risk for HCV (eg, injection drug use, unprotected anal sex with trauma, etc).

HBV Suppression by Treatment
blood on her lip