|HBV Suppression by Treatment
Jan 15, 2010
Is it possible to lose Surface antigen (currently on treatment - Eag Negative Infection, HBV DNA negative already)for a longer period of time (4 yrs. at least). Does losing S Ag means cure already and virus will not come back? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes the ultimate goal is loss of HBsAg...However, this occurs in a small percentage of patients unfortunately - even with treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Immune Disorders Mimic Hiv
- Chances Of Contracting Hepatitis B
- 3 Top Risk Factors For Transmission Of Hiv
- Hiv Antibody Test Negative At 5 Weeks
- Is There Any Way To Prevent Hiv Right After Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.