|HBV Suppression by Treatment
Jan 15, 2010
Is it possible to lose Surface antigen (currently on treatment - Eag Negative Infection, HBV DNA negative already)for a longer period of time (4 yrs. at least). Does losing S Ag means cure already and virus will not come back? Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes the ultimate goal is loss of HBsAg...However, this occurs in a small percentage of patients unfortunately - even with treatment.
hbv cirrhosis tx
Hep C antibody test inclonclusive
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
- Can A Cbc Indicate Any Sign Of Hiv?
- Cut On Finger While Fingering Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.