|Hep C & oral sex
Jan 15, 2010
I have been diagnosed to have Hep C. If my gums occasionaly bleed & I perform cunnilingus on my girlfriend can I infect her?
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV transmission uncommonly occurs through intercourse but traumatic sex (eg, anal sex with bleeding) can lead to HCV. This has been best documented among men who have sex with men. I would not expect oral sex to be an issue of concern.
immunity confusion HELP plz
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Do I Have Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- White Discharge Gonorrhea
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.