Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

question
Jan 15, 2010

Hi, can you describe the papers you read that convinced hepatitis c causes disease, because according to several scientists it is just the alcohol etc that does it. Dr. Peter Duesberg claim the virus was a money making scam by Chiron and how it there is no animal model and the window period was extended to 30 years to explain away healthy people "infected." The virus fails all of koch's postulates.

It's pretty sad how most doctors have become technicians for the CDC and the drug companies and don't make decisions based upon reading primary sources. I'll bet you can't even describe the experiments that led you to believe hepatitis c is lethal.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would encourage you to go to Pub Med and enter the words Hepatitis C and mortality. You will get about 3,000 research papers that address death from HCV.

Hepatitis C causes cirrhosis in some - but not all people. I don't treat everyone with hepatitis C. I treat those who have liver disease.

Hepatitis C is the leading cause of liver transplantation in the US. Also the number of liver cancers related to Hepatitis C in the US has increased significantly as the people who have HCV are aging. HCV is also a major cause of mortality worldwide.

I don't have to look far to see the consequences of HCV since I have a clinic full of people with serious disease. Dr. Duesberg has also claimed that HIV is caused by recreational drugs and medications and that HIV itself is harmless.....

Previous
Risk of transmission
Next
Hep C & oral sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.