hep B or C???

Hi doc,

Happy new year first of all, I'd like to ask you in your experience which virus is most likely to self limitate between Hep B and C. I ask because eventhough both are really bad; most people are more scared by hep C due to the fast evolution to liver cancer. I also ask because i got some elevated liver enzymes and had a panel done to check if it's viral hep. And my last question is: Have you seen seroconversions to hep B or C after 7 weeks with neg HBsAg and core antibodies for B and neg. ant for hep C? God bless you, and have a wonderful year,

Happy New Year to you as well!

In general, Hepatitis B and C can both cause cirrhosis and liver cancer. However, more adults become chronically infected with HCV while most of those with HBV clear their virus.

Most testing for HBV and HCV go out for a minimum of 3 months.

taking hepatitis vaccine needed?